Tray Baked Honey & Soy Pork Chops
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 25 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 thick (about 250g each) pork chops
- •1/3 cup soy sauce
- •1/3 cup honey
- •1 tablespoon brown sugar
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •1 tablespoon white vinegar
- •2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- •1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- •4 green onions (shallots), trimmed and cut into 4cm batons
- •steamed bok choy, jasmine rice and sliced red chilli, to serve
- 1.Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced.
- 2.To make the soy marinade, combine soy sauce, honey, sugar, oil, vinegar, garlic and ginger in a large bowl. Add pork and toss well to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- 3.Remove pork from bowl and arrange on a baking tray, reserving remaining soy marinade in the bowl. Bake pork for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, turn pork and spoon over reserved marinade. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 4.Heat the oven grill on high or set oven to as high as possible. Remove pork from oven, arrange shallots around pork and use a pastry brush to coat pork and green onions in the caramelised tray juices. Add 1 tablespoon of water to the tray.
- 5.Grill pork or return to a hot oven for 4 minutes, brushing with tray juices after 2 minutes, watching carefully to ensure pork doesn’t burn. (If the juices in pan begin burning, add an extra tablespoon of water to the tray).
- 6.Serve pork and green onions with steamed bok choy, jasmine rice and a drizzle of the tray juices.