Zingy Pork Skewers
Serves 4 people
Add some ‘zing’ to your next barbecue with these delicious and healthy pork skewers
Recipe courtesy of New Zealand Pork
- •500g pork loin, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- •2 cloves garlic, crushed
- •1 teaspoon curry powder
- •1 teaspoon paprika (smoked paprika is good here too)
- •½ teaspoon ground coriander
- •½ teaspoon ground cumin
- •½ teaspoon dried oregano
- •¼ teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- •4 tablespoons olive oil
- •1 tablespoon lemon juice
- •8 metal skewers
- •Cucumber and feta salad
- •Lemon wedges
- •Toasted pita bread, optional
- 1.Marinade In a large bowl mix together the garlic, spices, olive oil and lemon juice. Add the pork pieces and season with salt. Toss well to coat completely. Cover and leave to marinate for 10 minutes, while you heat your barbecue. Heat barbecue grill until hot.
- 2.Cover and leave to marinate for 10 minutes, while you heat your barbecue. Heat barbecue grill until hot.
- 3.Skewer the pork and place over the hot grill, turning every 2-3 minutes until well browned and still juicy, about 8-10 minutes. Baste pork skewers with the marinade as they grill.
Tips: If using wooden skewers to thread pork onto, then soak skewers in water for at least 1 hour to help prevent burning.
Cucumber and feta salad: crumble 150g feta into a bowl and mix with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon water. Season. Add ½ large cucumber, lightly peeled and diced, and 1 tablespoon each of chopped mint, parsley and dill.