Char siu pork belly stir fry with rice and Asian greens
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •800g piece pork belly boneless
- •2 tablespoons oil
- •150ml char siu sauce
- •1 head broccoli, cut into floweret’s
- •1 yellow capsicum, cut into strips
- •150g whole baby beans
- •2 bunches bok choy, washed
- •Steamed white rice, to serve
- 1.Cut the pork belly into small thin pieces.
- 2.Heat the oil in a wok over a medium high heat and stir-fry the pork belly 4-5 minutes until pork is golden and crisp. Remove from wok and drain on absorbent paper.
- 3.Remove any excess oil from the wok and heat over a medium high heat, add the vegetables to the wok and stir fry 2 -3 minutes until vegetables are bright in colour and softened. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- 4.Pour the char siu sauce into the wok and heat stirring until sauce boils (you may need to add a little water to prevent sticking).
- 5.Return the pork belly and vegetables to the wok and heat through stirring constantly 3-4 minutes.
- 6.Serve hot with steamed white rice.
If you like your stir-fry spicy add a little chilli sauce to the char siu sauce prior to tossing it through the pork.