Chipolata, Bacon, Egg & Tomato Tray Bake
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 45 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •8 large or 12 small pork chipolatas
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •200g Australian rindless bacon rashers, halved lengthways
- •250g baby spinach leaves
- •4 eggs
- •250g truss cherry tomatoes, snipped
- •Chopped flat-leaf parsley and bread or toast, to serve
- 1.Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place chipolatas onto a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle chipolatas with oil and toss to coat. Roast for 15 minutes.
- 2.Arrange bacon on the baking tray. Roast for 15 minutes or until golden.
- 3.Meanwhile, place spinach into a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water. Stand until wilted. Drain well and squeeze excess moisture from spinach.
- 4.Arrange spinach amongst the chipolatas and bacon to make 4 ‘nests’ to hold the eggs. Crack an egg into each ‘nest’. Add tomatoes to the tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes until egg whites are set and yolks are still soft (or cook eggs to your liking) and tomatoes are tender.
- 5.Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with bread or toast.