Crispy chilli and lime pork belly burger
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •700g (6) pork belly strips
- •1 long red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- •1 lime, zested and juiced
- •2 tablespoons oil
- •¼ teaspoons black pepper, ground
- •1 teaspoon flaked salt
- •1 lime, zested
- •6 x 15 cm soft long rolls
- •½ cup quality mayonnaise
- •1 soft butter lettuce
- 1.Cut the pork belly strips in half into approximately 10cm strips.
- 2.Whisk together the chilli, lime juice and zest, olive oil and black pepper.
- 3.Rub the marinade into the pork belly strips and allow to marinate for as long as possible.
- 4.Heat the griddle pan over a medium heat. Cook the pork belly strips, turning frequently until the strips are crispy.
- 5.In a small bowl, blend together the salt and lime zest. Sprinkle over the pork strips.
- 6.Cut the rolls 3/4 of the way through and spread mayonnaise on the base and lid, top with the belly strips and butter lettuce. Serve immediately.
If cooking pork belly strips under the grill, use the fan option if you have it. Turn frequently and cook on high. Sweet chilli or Piri Piri sauce is also delicious mixed with the mayonnaise if you like your food extra spicy.