Greek pork belly skewers
Prep time 60 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •12 pork belly strips 2cm thick
- •2 lemons, zested and juiced
- •½ cup olive oil
- •¼ cup oregano leaves, finely chopped
- •2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- •Pinch salt
- •Baby cos
- •Spanish onions
- •Ripe tomato
- •Kalamata olives
- •Feta cheese
- •Tzatziki yoghurt dip
- •Toasted flat bread
- •Lemon wedges to garnish
- 1.Place the pork belly strips into a shallow non-metallic bowl.
- 2.Combine the lemon zest, juice, olive oil, oregano, garlic and salt.
- 3.Pour the marinade over the pork belly strips and allow to marinate for up to 1 hour.
- 4.Toss the salad ingredients together in a large bowl, then divide into individual serving bowls. Refrigerate until required.
- 5.Cook pork belly strips in a preheated frying pan or BBQ for 5-6 minutes on each side, turning & basting frequently until pork is golden and rind is crispy.
- 6.Serve with toasted flat bread, Greek salad and tzatziki dipping sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Pork belly strips may be marinated for up to 48 hours prior to cooking.