One Pot Caramelized BBQ Pork Chops with Sweet Apple
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •4 pork loin chops (250g each)
- •Oil for brushing
- •50g butter
- •4 small red apples, sliced thickly
- •½ cup brown sugar
- •½ cup maple syrup
- •¼ cup BBQ sauce
- •1 cup water or apple juice
- •Mashed potato
- •Steamed vegetables
- 1.Brush each pork loin chop on both sides with a little oil.
- 2.Place the pork chops onto the pre-heated griddle pan and brown each chop well on both sides 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- 3.In a large deep frying pan or pot melt the butter over a medium heat, add the apple slices and brown each slice on both sides 1-2 minutes.
- 4.Remove the apples and set aside.
- 5.Add the brown sugar and maple syrup to the pan stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in the BBQ sauce and water and bring to the boil stirring.
- 6.Return the pork loin chops to the pan with the sliced apples and gently stir to coat the chops well with the sauce. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for a further 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- 7.Serve pork chops with apples, mashed potatoes and vegetables and lashings of caramelized BBQ sauce.
Notes: This dish may also be finished off in the slow cooker or in a covered casserole in the oven.