Pan-roasted pork chops with apple & beans
Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 25 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- •4 (about 250g each) pork chops, rind off
- •1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- •2 garlic cloves, crushed
- •2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into 1-2cm-thick wedges
- •½ cup dry white wine
- •400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- •1 tablespoon maple syrup
- •6-8 sprigs thyme
- •Steamed green beans, to serve
- 1.Brush pork with 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large oven-proof flame-proof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- 2.Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add garlic and apples and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes until apple is golden at the edges. Stir in wine and cook for 1 minute. Stir in cannellini beans.
- 3.Return pork to the pan. Drizzle with maple syrup and scatter with thyme. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until pork is just cooked through. Serve with steamed green beans.