Roast rack of pork with red fruit and balsamic glaze
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 60 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •1 x 5-6 pork rib rack
- •1 tablespoon oil
- •Salt and pepper to taste
- •1 x 400 g satsuma plums in syrup
- •½ cup raspberry conserve
- •50ml balsamic glaze
- •½ teaspoon cinnamon ground
- •100g cranberries or red currants
- •Salad or vegetables to serve
- 1.Season the pork rack with salt and pepper and rub with a little oil.
- 2.Place the rack into an oven proof baking dish and roast the rack for 25 minutes per 500 g in the preheated oven for 180°C.
- 3.Drain plum and pour juice into a small saucepan with the raspberry conserve, balsamic glaze and cinnamon. Stir over a low heat and simmer until syrupy.
- 4.30 minutes prior to finish time on roast remove and brush liberally with glaze. Continue basting with glaze every 10 minutes until roast is cooked.
- 5.Add plums to remaining glaze and heat through.
- 6.Remove roast and sprinkle red currants on the glazed roast.
- 7.Serve rack with plums in the glaze accompanied with salad or vegetables
If cooking rack rind on, add the fruit to the glaze and serve on the side.